< back | State: 2020-10-28
Tutorial for beginners (Windows)
You can not only register a blabber.im account via our web form, within your windows client you can also directly create an account.
We show you how to create a Jabber account directly in Gajim.
Screenshots are in german language, please follow the description!
Point 1: Install Gajim for free
We open the Gajim website and download the 32-bit or 64-bit client.
- Download Gajim for Windows
- We download Gajim (64 bit) and install Gajim
Point 2: Create account
Now we open Gajim and go through the illustrated instructions step by step.
Please remember the password!
Point 3: Set profile picture (optional)
Jabber, like all instant messengers, allows you to specify a profile picture (called avatar).
Point 4: Join group chat (optional)
After registering at blabber.im you will receive a welcome message. There is also a direct link to our group chat.
Alternatively you can follow the pictures and add the “Funny Stuff” chatroom:
Point 5: Add contact
In the Accounts menu item we click on Add Contact. There you can add your friends and family members to your contact list.
Point 6: Install OMEMO Plugin
In the Gajim menu item we click on Plugins. There you can also activate further plugins. You can see some useful ones on the pictures.
- Selects the Available tab at the top.
- Searches the OMEMO plugin and hooks it.
- Confirm with Install/Update.
Point 7: Encrypted writing
We now need the just activated OMEMO plugin to activate the encryption in the chat.
- You can encrypt private chats and group chats.
- Public group chats cannot be encrypted.
- Open a chat window, select the lock at the bottom right and click on OMEMO.
- The keys must be accepted manually, then you write encrypted.